Sunday, December 7, 2014

My WWE Slammy Award 2014 Votes

So I actually voted on the Slammy Awards and here are my answers with some reasons.   I don't expect them all to be winners, but as usual I'm just so apathetic to so much of it.


Raw Guest Star of the Year: Betty White

This was the least embarassing of the choices.   I swear if Jerry Springer wins and shows up on Raw I'm bailing on the show.


Anti-Gravity Moment of the Year: Adrian Neville's Red Arrow

If you choose anything else, you need to watch more NXT.


NXT Superstar of the Year: Tyler Breeze

While I realize the real competition here is probably between Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn, with Zayn getting the nod due to Neville's recent heel antics, I still see myself as fans of both of those guys since before they were in NXT.   Tyler Breeze is establishing himself in NXT and his character has been one of my favorites that hasn't come from "the indies".


Double Cross of the Year: Seth Rollins

If you chose Big Show for anything... Yeah, everyone thought that Dean Ambrose would go heel so if Seth Rollins doesn't win then I have no hope left in the WWE Universe.


Fan Participation Award: Bray Wyatt

This was based on the crowd singing along to "He's got the whole world in his hands".    The rest of the choices were rather lacking but it's the type of thing the Daniel Bryan "Yes!" chants would win if Bryan wasn't injured.


Hashtag of the Year: #NineNinetyNine

WWE never likes any of my hashtags because most of them make light of their lousy booking and Michael Cole's constant mistakes.    This seemed like the least stupid hashtag but I really don't care.


Breakout Star of the Year: Dean Ambrose

Anyone else would just be uncivilized.


Tag Team of the Year: Los Matadores with El Torito

While The Usos should and probably will win this, I just have a hard time voting against Los Matadores because they're probably my favorite tag team on the WWE roster and as for the WWE as a whole, well, Lucha Dragons weren't an option and if they did include NXT then it'd be hard to choose between Lucha Dragons and Vaudevillains.


Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That: Paul Heyman raps

One of the other choices was one of the Bellas telling the other she wished she'd died in the womb.   There really is no winner here, I just went with Paul Heyman because I'm a Heyman Guy.


Best Actor: Mizdow

I'm just trying to push The Miz over the edge.   (Also, I haven't seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" yet and kind of zoned out during The Rock's "Hercules"... Batista wasn't *that* bad in the new "Riddick" but that's only because I knew he was going to die)


Faction of the Year: The Wyatt Family

        This was really the hardest one for me to choose because it was such a toss up between The Wyatt Family and The Shield.    I might have liked The Shield slightly better because I always wanted them to win when they faced off, but I picked The Wyatt Family because I felt like they disbanded under better circumstances than The Shield.    Bray Wyatt also recently stated in an interview that Luke Harper and Erick Rowan could always come home and would always be there if he needed them... unlike the bridges burned between Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose (and Roman Reigns too, sure, why not)


Animal of the Year: Torito

Though I definitely can see The Bunny winning here.


Best Couple of the Year: Tyson Kidd & Natalya

"Nat-tie's hus-band! clapclapclapclapclap"


Tweet It!: @ZackRyder

Though I probably tweeted the most to the Bella Twins out of everyone on the list.  It wasn't ever anything nice though, you see.


Rivalry of the Year: Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

This has been one of the best ungoing feuds in WWE that I still think was never really settled.  It's best heel turn of the year versus breakout star of the year... how does it not win?


I will be live tweeting during the Slammy Awards @raisedbygypsies until I get bored or fall asleep (Or get so bored I fall asleep) which usually means only the first hour of Raw and then I catch the replay on Hulu Plus and endless recaps on "Main Event" and "Superstars".  

No comments:

Post a Comment